Get Permanent European Union Residency in Portugal with a ‘Golden Visa’
Portugal is recovering from a major economic crisis and still suffers from high unemployment and a depressed real estate market.
Portugal introduced last year a new program of residence permits also known as Golden Visa or ARI to support the investment of foreign nationals in the Portuguese economy and real estate market (Portugal real estate investment).
This program attracted less than a thousand candidates since its creation, a majority coming from China. Portugal real estate investment provides you with a bunch of valuable benefits.
Benefits of a Golden Visa in Portugal:
- Enter and stay in Portugal for a period of 5 years with renewals at the end of the first and third year
- Travel in the Schengen Area (Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Island, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Nederland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden and Switzerland).
- After a period of 5 years, the Golden Visa permit allows the holder to apply for a permanent residence permit.
- The holder may request the family regrouping (husband/spouse, children aged under 18 and adult dependent relatives carrying out his/her studies)
We currently provide three types of residence permits for non-EU citizens in Portugal:
- Purchase of a property/properties ( real estate asset ) worth at least € 500.000
- Set up a company, or buy an existing Portuguese company, and hire at least 10 employees
- Invest at least one million Euros in the purchase of shares in companies at the stock exchange in Portugal.
We provide a complete service covering selection of properties for real estate investment, companies to invest in, all legal and immigration services as well as arranging your venue to Portugal to complete the administrative process.
The permit candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum stays in Portugal – 7 days first year & 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- Entry in Portugal with a valid visa;
- Minimum age of 18 years old;
- The applicants shall not have been convicted of any criminal offense punishable for a term exceeding one year;
- Health insurance in place and covered in Portugal, valid for the period of the visa;
- Proof of possession of sufficient means of subsistence to meet the needs of the his/her family during the period of the visa;
Purchase of a property (real estate asset)
- The Application must be submitted with the title deed of purchase and sale or the promissory contract of purchase and sale;
- Purchase price on a minimum of € 500.000,00, and the asset shall be free of charges or any other encumbrances ( in case of a purchase price above that amount, the applicant may apply for a loan );
- The investment has to be kept for a period of 5 years.
b) Invest at least one million Euros of this capital in the purchase of shares in companies at the stock exchange
- Declaration of the investment done, duly registered, to meet the requirement of purchase of shares in companies at the stock exchange;
- Declaration issued by the Bank, registered at the Portuguese Central Bank, in which it is state that the investment is done;
- Declaration issued by the Bank that the period of the investment is for a minimum period of 5 years
- Bank Deposit for 5 years term.
c) Other investments
- Set up a company or purchase of a company, at least 10 employees, and declaration issued by Social Security, of the date of beginning of the contracts.
Apply for residence permit now!